Sunday, July 18, 2010

Port Elgin

There is something about a picture that takes my breath away. There's something magical about capturing a single moment out of billions; a moment I can look at for as long as I want, while re-living and re-feeling exactly what was occurring at that time.

This picture happens to be one of my all-time favourites. August of last year, experiencing one of many gorgeous Port Elgin sunsets with my dad, his best friend, and my sister (a little fun fact, P.E. was rated one of the top ten most beautiful sunsets in the world.) I was staying the weekend, and this was the first evening after arrival. I can still smell Lake Huron's freshness, listening to people splashing in the water, feeling the sand rubbing between my toes and flip flops. I remember watching this seagull flying around for a good ten minutes, but I eventually got the shot I wanted. Over looking the lighthouse, watching the sun kiss the sky goodnight.

CB

No comments:

Post a Comment